Friday, February 2, 2007

Student Logs

Its noon on Friday and so far a few logs have been posted. I think it will take some time to get used to the routine of posting your log Friday morning or before---but hopefully not too long! I made 10:00 am the arbitrary cut-off point (though I have no way of stopping people from posting after that, and I don't actually want them to not post at all!) so that we would have the whole weekend to read each others logs and comment on them.

Which brings me to my other point---don't forget to read your fellow students logs and post comments on what they've written. I'm hoping that eventually interesting discussion threads will form out of some of the logs. This, too, will take time, but right now just get in the habit of checking out what others have written and posting a comment or two...

I've written my comments on all those that have posted so far---remember too that you can reply to my comments. And also remember to use the comment section under the various things I post on this page as a space for your responses.

So far the logs I've read were thoughtful and interesting despite the fact that there wasn't as much to write about after the first class as there will be after future sessions. Feel free to bring up topics, too, don't feel chained to only discussing topics that have first emerged in class. It's up to you to make your log useful for yourself---in the process it will become useful for others, too---so take seriously using the logs as a space for what seems urgent, necessary, or interesting to you.

No comments: